Friday 30 October 2015

My Halloween Make-up



I created the wounds by applying Cinewax to the skin and blending the edges, I then used a sharp edge to create a cut/gash in the centre. I coloured the cinewax with foundation (that matched my face) and supracolor to add slight bruising/redness. Finally, I applied wound filler into the cut, and dripped blood over it, and on other parts of the face/body. 

I accompanied these wounds with a very dark black and red smokey eye and ombre lip. To finish off the look I added white contact lenses, and also had to put them in for someone else! Although this did take a while, me and my model kept communicating, and eventually we managed to get them in! They definitely complete the look. 

I thought that this was relevant to post on my blog because it shows a different way in which you can create wounds without creating a mould and casting. Although it is easier and quicker to do, I would say that the results are not as authentic and obviously you can not recreate or reuse the Cinewax wounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment