Tuesday 17 November 2015

Creating My Prosthetic Pieces

When creating my prosthetic pieces I wanted them to be quite soft and flexible; the reason for this is because I think they will be more realistic like this, and will make the concept itself more believable, because if it was completely solid it would have been excruciating when it was growing out of the skin. Therefore, I ensured that I used 70% deadener. 

I chose to use the skin colour pigment, because the majority of the pieces will be skin colour with a coloured butterfly pattern on top, therefore, making them skin coloured gives me the freedom to see how much colour and exactly where it will be on the pieces. 

I casted the cheek and forehead pieces twice, using the same mould - this meant that they would be exactly the same which is good, and definitely an advantage of using the moulds!

I followed the instructions in a previous post to apply the boldiez and create the pieces...
Moulds after being cleaned with alcohol and sprayed with Petrolease

The pieces setting


The first 2 pieces taken out of the moulds
Overall, I was quite happy with how the pieces turned out - they all took the shape that I wanted and I managed to remove the whole piece without ripping any part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment