Tuesday 17 November 2015

Practicing My Hybrid

Now I had created my pieces successfully I wanted to get the make-up down to a T. Therefore, I decided the best way in which I could do this is by creating more of the prosthetic pieces using the moulds, to quickly apply and then practice the make-up to give me an idea of completed look.

However, I did not have any Petrolease at home... I tried to create the pieces anyway, to see how they would turn out, and even if they were not very successful, I hoped that I could still use them to give me a gist of the full look. The problem I found when I took the pieces out was that the actual piece (not boldiez), became very tough to take out as it was stuck and I had to really pull it to get it out. When doing this, it caused some of the pieces to stretch and move out of place, and left a lot of dents and gaps, which meant they did not look how I wanted, but still I thought they would be usable for a practice run (as at this point I was running out of silicone A and B!).
The pieces without using Petrolease
With this in mind, I decided to still go ahead and use them because I was not practicing applying/using the prosthetic pieces, they were just there to give me a rough idea of how the face will look. I am only going to half of the face for this practice, and I am doing it on myself so I will not be able to see it from all angles/perspectives like I will be able to do when I am doing it on my model.
Reminder of my face chart


Tools/products needed to create the look




This shows the prosthetics roughly placed on the face, and the butterfly pattern painted on using the supracolor palette 
Lip colour added, also using supracolor

Purple/lilac eyeshadow added
I feel from this angle you can see the butterfly structure that has been combined into the face to create the hybrid


I then added supracolor and eyeshadow under the piece to really make the butterfly structure stand out
Hair style added - slight quiff, with relaxed wavy hair



After carrying out this practice, I can really imagine and see my hybrid coming to life. I feel that the prosthetic piece and make-up work quite well together, especially around the cheekbone area, when you catch it from the side (as shown in last 2 images). Obviously, I will do the prosthetics as best I can for the final thing; ensuring that the edges are blended as seamlessly as possible, and that it looks like it really is part of the face. I think I may also tone down the butterfly pattern on the forehead slightly as well, just because I feel it is slightly too large and dark for the forehead. Also, I will ensure that the nose is much more precise, sharp and clean. I have also decided that I am definitely not going to use antennas in the look because I think it would just be too much, whether it was in prosthetics or even drawn on, other than that, my look reflects the face chart exactly. 

Overall, this practice run has helped me a lot because I now feel more confident in my idea and I know exactly what I am doing. As long as the prosthetic pieces go to plan, I think this could potentially produce a very good, unique and interesting outcome! 





No comments:

Post a Comment