Monday 30 November 2015

Project Evaluation

At the start of this unit, I found the whole brief quite overwhelming, especially considering the fairly short amount of time that we had to do it in. However, as time went on, I realised that once I got the hang of creating the moulds and pieces, it was not as hard, nor time consuming as I thought. I kept up to date and before I knew it, the unit was coming to an end!

My main problem that I encountered throughout this unit was just coming up with an initial idea and then transferring this to pen and paper. For example, when deciding on a hybrid animal, it took me while for my mind to suddenly click and realise what I wanted to do, but then once I did figure it out, I found it quite difficult to explain and show my idea to anyone. However, I managed to overcome this by creating several face charts that demonstrated what I meant, and then by creating the pieces, it started to become clear, and everything else fell into place. On the other hand, this is one of my favourite parts about SFX - you can think of a totally individual idea that no one has every seen before, and then you are able to actually create it! 

Overall, I have really enjoyed this unit and it has taught me so much in such a short space of time - it is definitely something I will think about pursuing in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment