Sunday 8 November 2015

Initial Facecharts Of My Ideas

This is my first idea:
  • The whole outline of the butterfly will be prosthetics, thus will be raised 
  • The design/pattern of the butterfly would all be done with make-up, e.g. eyeshadow/supracolor
  • This is the design I am least keen on - I feel it is too obvious and not necessarily a hybrid as such, because the butterfly is just placed in the centre of the face

My second idea:
  • There will be no outline of the butterfly in this design
  • The pattern of the butterfly will be made out of prosthetics, and so will be raised from the face
  • It will have antennas on the forehead made from prosthetics 
  • I think if done well, this could look quite effective
  • However, it would be extremely intricate, delicate, and time consuming, thus I may not be able to complete the full look in time, which would impact the overall outcome
  • I would need to decide whether to create 2 big prosthetic pieces, each with the patterns already carved out (meaning I would need to leave holes for the eyes)
  • Or I would mould each line individually and then attach separately onto the face, which would be quite complicated, and take a lot of time

 My final design:
  • This design only shows the prosthetic pieces - it would include more of a butterfly design with the use of make-up
  • There would be 7 prosthetic pieces - 2 on the forehead, 1 on each cheek, 1 down the nose, and 2 antennas 
  • The prosthetics would raise and sharpen the areas, to shape/mould the face to make it into a sort of butterfly shape
  • I really like this idea, and think that it could be very effective if carried out how I am picturing it
  • With the make-up applied on top, it will incorporate more of a butterfly design to give more of a butterfly feel
After evaluating all of these designs, I have decided to go with my final design because I feel that it is the most creative and most original - there is nothing like it out there. I feel that it will be achievable, and it also gives me quite a lot of freedom with my make-up to add to the butterfly effect. 

Therefore, my next step is to create a final face chart with the make-up added to show the full effect, and to ensure it looks how I want it to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment