Monday 30 November 2015

Technical Evaluation

Throughout this project, I have learnt so many new technical skills and a lot of knowledge, that I can continue to reuse and build upon. I feel that I can now confidently create a mould and know the things that will impact how successful it will turn out, e.g. are the edges of my sculpture as smooth? Have I sealed all of the sculpture, to ensure no silicone leaks out? I can also now create prosthetic pieces using my moulds, and am more than able to apply and remove them successfully. I found this unit both very interesting, and at times challenging. At first, I was very weary as to if what I was doing was right, but now, I know what I need to do when working in this particular field of work. 

When working on my wound, I liked that I was able to create a prosthetic piece that had something attached to it (the glass), because I now feel confident in doing that, as well as the standard pieces, like I created in the hybrid part. I liked the variation between creating something realistic and something extremely creative; I found the realistic part slightly harder because I knew exactly how it should look, and this was the first prosthetic piece I created. 

I have learnt there are a lot of health and hygiene factors that I needed to be aware of; one of the key ones being not to contaminate any of the silicones - this means you had to  ensure you were labelling things up, and changing gloves. Also, throughout the process, you are spraying a few different things (e.g. petrolease and fixing spray) therefore you need to ensure that you are spraying these products by an open window, and have a mask on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment