Sunday 15 November 2015

Styling Of My Hybrid Character

I did not want my character's styling/clothing options to be too overwhelming or too obvious - I want there to be small subtle hints, but I do not want it to be noticeable that it is a butterfly hybrid, just from looking at the clothes. I want the focus to be mainly on the face. Ideally, I want the audience to take a look and at a fast first glimpse, not necessarily notice or be able to tell why is different, but then as you look closer, you see the alterations in the face structure, therefore I do not want the styling to be a give away. I also feel that I have quite a lot of butterfly influence within the face anyway, and some of the best hybrids, you can clearly still see the majority of the human. 

The clothing that I did want is to be quite flowy and free - keeping with the theme of girls blossoming into women, and with butterflies being quite free.



However, it is key to remember that in the brief it states that we must have close up and mid shots, so I feel that you would not see that texture/idea of the dresses, like shown above, in a mid shot. Therefore, I thought that something like a kimono might be a good idea, because it is quite floral and natural, as well as being quite free-flowing, but at the same time, quite cacoon-like. 

So I am thinking of having just a fairly neutral/white top under a more colourful floral kimono. I feel that this provides a subtle hint and is relatable to the butterfly, but at the same time does not reveal too much, and is still relevant to humans.

Also, as we are styling to whole body, and not just the face, I am going to include small areas of the butterfly pattern on the body parts that are visible, e.g. the neck/arms. It will match the pattern of the face, but only be in small patterns that fade out at the edges, as though it is incorporated into the skin. 





No comments:

Post a Comment