Saturday 7 November 2015

My Initial Idea

I found myself very confused and struggling to think of an idea after doing some research, so I decided the best thing to do was to literally just type in "Human hybrids" on google images and see what came up to give me some inspiration, and to see if there was anything that really jumped out at me...

Eventually something finally did! Although, it did not feature any part of a human at all - this was the image that interested me:
I have always loved butterflies and think they are stunning creatures to look at. There are so many different colours and designs, that it would give me a good amount of freedom and creativity to play with in this project. I was not necessarily interested in the elephant part of this image, but it did trigger me to think about moulding a butterfly onto the whole of the face, and the elephant's trunk represented the human nose, thus gave me the placing of my piece on the face.

In my head I began drawing on previous research that I carried out on Maleficent, and the idea of her extremely structured cheekbones made me think that this could be the outline for the bottom wings of the butterfly:
When you actually look at this image as a whole, the use of the head piece almost gives an outline of a butterfly shape, however this is not what I am going to do, but it is a great image/guide for inspiration! At this point, I think I am going to sculpt the butterfly shape all around the face, in a similar way to which the cheeks are in this. Thus, the butterfly outline will all be risen up off of the face. 

My next step is to look at if there are currently any butterfly/human hybrids that exist, and if so how have they achieved this, and then I will begin to look at butterflies in depth. At this point in time, I just feel quite excited and relieved to finally have an idea which I can move forward with.

No comments:

Post a Comment